The simple answer is yes.
Joomla! is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content.
If you purchase cPanel or Plesk hosting, then Joomla! is one of your development options for building your website.
- Log in to your Channel Islands Hosting™ account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click Popular Apps.
- In the search field, type joomla, and then click Search.
- Click the version of Joomla! you want to install.
- Click Install Now.
The Install Now button displays only when the selected application is compatible with one or more hosting plans in your account.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- Enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Choose an installation directory, and then click Next.
To install Joomla in your root directory, leave this field empty.
- Enter the Admin Name, Admin Password, and Email for your Joomla installation.
- Click Finish.
Joomla will be installed to your hosting account with the options you selected. When it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be aware this process does not work for free hosting accounts and secondary or aliased domain names on Windows® hosting accounts. You must manually install Joomla! with these types of hosting accounts.
Note: We provide information about how to use certain third-party products as a courtesy. Channel Islands Hosting™ does not endorse or directly support third-party products, and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Joomla!™ is a registered third-party trademark. All rights reserved.